Thursday, March 12, 2009

5 weeks, 3 days

Well, I'm still living in God's greatness. Whenever I think about the fact that I am pregnant I am overcome with emotion. Although I have to admit that I am very nervous at times still and I'm sure a lot of that won't go away until I am holding our baby in my arms. We do have our first ultrasound on Tuesday (St. Patrick's Day)! I am excited and hope we can see the heartbeat at that time. Although I know logically that it may take a little longer than 6 weeks to see a heartbeat, it would be very hard to leave the office without knowing for sure that our little one has a strong heartbeat.
As for symptoms: I am feeling very hungry most of the time and extremely tired. I don't want much of anything sweet though. Even cereal is a little on the sweet side to me. I have been wanting savory foods. Tomato soup, eggs with cheese, even salad have become my friends. Not sure if this is due to me really craving these foods or just knowing that they are good for the baby. I was feeling pretty crampy for a while (which is pretty normal in early pregnancy), but that seems to have subsided. And of course, the tell-tale sign that hormones are raging, my chest is very sore lately!
I guess that's all for today. I'm very anxious to know that all is well with this baby so we can tell the world!

No comments: