Sunday, November 1, 2009

Benji's Birthday, Homecoming, 1st Halloween and more!





Waiting at the hospital. My water broke at 9pm on October 25th at home. We got to the hospital and I was 3cm dilated, 100% effaced. They started me on antibiotics for testing positive for group B strep. After my second dose of antibiotics, they started pitocin at 3am. At 6am I was 6 cm dilated and by 9am I was 8 cm dilated. The doctor broke a small pocket of water and the contractions became very intense. After a few of those contractions, I wanted an epidural because the nurse said it could be a few more hours before I was ready to push. I decided to get an epidural, but almost as soon as the nurse left to get anesthesia, I was ready to push! Benji was born at 10:08am.





All buckled in the carseat for the first time... not even a peep from the little guy!


Here we are, ready to go home on Wednesday, October 28th.



Eyes wide open!

First sponge bath at home... this was not a fun bath time for Benji.

Happy Halloween!


BOO! Actually taken the day after Halloween, but we couldn't resist the little ghost outfit.

2 comments:

Dana said...

He is precious!!!!!

Laura C said...

He's just beautiful!! Congratulations!!